One of my first challenges when I received access to our vCHS environment was to connect our internal vCAC environment to vCHS.
Here’s a quick setup guide and assumes a brand new vCAC deployment. Unless otherwise stated all actions are from within vCAC
1. Select Infrastructure > Endpoints and then create a new endpoint of type vApp (vCloud Director).
The Address can be found within the vCHS dashboard under Related Links > vCloud Director API URL. (It’s on the the part up to and including the portnumber. The organisation name is the last part of the API URL after the last backslash
2. Click ok, and from still within the Endpoint page select Data Collection
5. Now go into Infrastructure > Reservations > Reservations and click on New Reservation
TIP: If you don’t see the Reservation option then ensure your account has the correct access ( Administration > Groups > <Group Name> – Edit and check you’re group has sufficient Roles)
6. Select Cloud > vAPp (vCloud Director)
7. In the New Reservation form enter the details for your vCHS reservation. Sample shots are shown below:
The select the Resources Tab and select the storage:
TIP: When I set this up it I had to wait a while (I left it overnight) for the storage and networking to appear even through the Compute did. So if it doesn’t appear then wait.
Now select the network(s)
Now create a Blueprint…
Enter the Blueprint details to suit…click ok when done